There are various journals and magazines covering online learning and educational technology. These range from peer-reviewed, academic journals, often focusing on theoretical aspects, through to less academic, less formal and more practical-based publications.
Below are links to several comprehensive lists of e-learning journals. Several of the links on these pages no longer function, while there is inevitably some overlap from link to link. Nevertheless, these serve as an important starting point for readers looking for such material. Eventually, I plan to draft my own detailed list for this site.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison lists many of the main peer-reviewed distance learning journals and magazines.
- Another useful site is the UK-based Council for College and University English. Although designed for tutors in English studies, there are various resources listed exploring distance learning more generally.
- The Baker's Guide to online Christian learning, which lists a thousand or so accredited undergraduate and postgraduate Christians institutions offering, lists a handful of e-learning journals.
- The International Council for Open and Distance Education provides a links to both paid and open access e-learning journals, including some lesser-known titles.
- Finally, the UK's Open Learning University has produced a fairly detailed list, with links, of some important research journals.